Today was the final day of the PWA Wave event in Cape Verde. After two slightly frustrating days where the swell just didn’t wrap around into Ponta Preta properly today was the final chance to complete the Double Elimination.
As Ponta Preta was again pretty flat the competition got relocated to Little Ho’okipa. However, due to the remote location of Little Ho’okipa there were only limited updates and no live stream available as there is no infrastructure around.
Camille Juban won 6 heats today and made his way through the double elimination until the third place. Camille’s run through the double got stopped by Marcilio Browne. At 17:47 (Cape Verde Time) the final got started between the single elimination winner Bernd Roediger and Marcilio Browne. In the end the Hawaiian Roediger successfully defended his Single Elimination crown to become the 2022 SOMWR 10x Cabo Verde PWA World Cup champion! Congratulations!
Final Result 2022 SOMWR 10x Cabo Verde PWA World Cup
1. Bernd Roediger
2. Marcilio Browne
3. Camille Juban
4. Thomas Traversa
5. Antoine Martin
6. Takara Ishii
7. Victor Fernandez
8. Takuma Sugi
9. Josh Angulo, Ricardo Campello
11. Boujmaa Guilloul, Morgan Noireaux
13. Graham Ezzy, Robby Swift
15. Jules Denel, Marino Gil Gherardi
17. Arthur Arutkin, Josep Pons, Jake Schettewi, Baptiste Cloarec
21. Antony Ruenes, Loick Lesauvage, Julian Salmonn, Liam Dunkerbeck Morales
25. Adam Warchol, Antoine Albert, Philip Köster, Titouan Flechet
29. Alexandre Grand-Guillout, Miguel Chapuis, Mike Friedl-Morales, Julien Flechet