Alberto Menegatti passed away on Tenerife, El Medano February 23. We spent many summers working at Conca D’Oro at Lake Garda and met Alberto there for the first time. In 2005 the Slalom discipline returned on the PWA tour and Alberto participated in Fuerteventura 2006 at his first Slalom World Cup. We filmed a lot of good heats of Alberto and Chris shared some Slalom runs with him and we were part of his first victory of a World Cup elimination at Costa Brava in 2011. In 2013 he managed to win the vice worldchampion slalom title and would have had a bright future.
We will always remember Alberto. Our thoughts are with his family and friends.
Alberto Menegatti Moments
- Interview with Andrea Cucchi about Alberto Menegatti – Summer 2014
- Alberto Menegatti wins the 1st final at PWA Costa Brava 2014 – Video
- Alberto Menegatti wins the 4th elimination at PWA Sylt 2013 – Video
- A big interview with the Italian windsurfer Alberto Menegatti – Autumn 2013
- Winter Training ft. Alberto Menegatti – Video
- Alberto Menegatti wins PWA Slalom Korea 2013
- Video Profile Alberto Menegatti at Lake Garda
I am very sad to hear this. I was always cheering for him in the PWA Live-Streams.
Very very sad
I was windsurfing at El Medano this sunday + monday, at the same time the Point-7 crew were on the water.
I did not see if Alberto Menegatti were sailing
rest in peace…
How much water can you drink and bread can you eat while on this earth ? And still you can’t take even a harness line when heading out their… in the abyss… At least you windsurfed.. R.I.P.. Alberto !
R.I.P. Alberto Menegatti