In the beginning of February the PWA released their 2017 event calendar with 11 events. One week after they had to cancel the Slalom men event in Marseille due to last minute sponsor loss. In late September they cancel the participation in the Aloha Classic. 9 events happen in 2017.
At the moment it looks as the PWA tour will start in April 2017 with a slalom event in Marseille. The wave and freestyler sailors have still some time left to prepare for their first events. The wave riders will have their first event on Gran Canaria in July. The freestylers will have their first event at the end of July in Fuerteventura.
In the end of September, just before the start of the Super Grand Slam, the cancellation of the 2017 PWA participation in the Aloha Classic got announced. Here are more infos about the reason for that decision.
Slalom is the discipline with the most events, 7 for the men and 4 for the ladies. The wave riders will see 3 events for men and women. And for the freestylers only 2 PWA events are scheduled and only 1 event for the ladies.
2017 PWA calendar (provisional)
FRANCE, Marseille | 07.04. – 12.04.2017 | Slalom Men | World CupCANCELLED
- SOUTH KOREA, Jinha Beach | 3.05. – 8.05.2017 | Slalom Women & Men | World Cup
- JAPAN, Yokosuka | 11.06. -16.05.2017 | Slalom Men & Women | World Cup
- COSTA BRAVA, Sant Pere Pescador | 23.05. – 28.05.2017 | Slalom Men | World Cup
- GRAN CANARIA, Pozo Izquierdo | 9.07. -15.07.2017 |Wave Women & Men | World Cup
- FUERTEVENTURA, Sotavento | 21.07. -31.07.2017 | Freestyle Women & Men, Slalom Men | Grand Slam
- TENERIFE, El Cabezo | 6.08.-12.08.2017 | Wave Women & Men | World Cup
- DENMARK, Hvide Sande | 9.09 – 14.09.2017 | Slalom Men & Women | World Cup
- GERMANY, Sylt | 29.09. – 8.10.2017 | Slalom Men, Freestyle Men, Wave Women & Men | Super Grand Slam
HAWAII, Maui | 29.10. – 12.11.2017 | Wave Women & Men | World CupCANCELLED
- NEW CALEDONIA, Noumea | 21.11.-26.11.2017 | Slalom Men & Women | World Cup