After a 3 year COVID-induced hiatus, the Mercedes-Benz Windsurf World Cup Sylt in Northern Germany made a welcome return to the PWA World Tour calendar. And Sylt did not disappoint. The island has produced a tremendous variety of conditions from howling, heavy down-the-line wave sailing to light wind Foil racing. The competitors, especially the wave sailors said, the conditions were some of the best they have ever witnessed over the past years.
- Sarah-Quita Offringa wins her 20th Windsurfing Title and is the 2022 PWA Wave World Champion
- Adrien Bosson is the 2022 PWA Freestyle World Champion
- Marcilio Browne wins his second Wave World Title and is the 2022 PWA Wave World Champion
- After 10 completed Slalom/Foil eliminations Amado Vrieswijk wins in front of Maciek Rutkowski and Matteo Iachino
- Adrien Bosson wins the Men’s Freestyle Double Elimination by 0,1 points in front of Jacopo Testa and Steven van Broeckhoven
- Sarah-Quita Offringa wins the women’s wave competition in front of Justyna Sniady and Lina Erpenstein
- Philip Köster wins the men’s wave competition in front of Marc Pare and Marcilio Browne
More from the Windsurf World Cup in Sylt
MARCLIO BROWNE is the new 2022 PWA Wave World Champion
Check out the video, when Marcilio realizes he won this title for the second time after 2013.