After a 3 year COVID-induced hiatus, the Mercedes-Benz Windsurf World Cup Sylt in Northern Germany made a welcome return to the PWA World Tour calendar. And Sylt did not disappoint. The island has produced a tremendous variety of conditions from howling, heavy down-the-line wave sailing to light wind Foil racing. The competitors, especially the wave sailors said, the conditions were some of the best they have ever witnessed over the past years.
- Sarah-Quita Offringa wins her 20th Windsurfing Title and is the 2022 PWA Wave World Champion
- Adrien Bosson is the 2022 PWA Freestyle World Champion
- Marcilio Browne wins his second Wave World Title and is the 2022 PWA Wave World Champion
- After 10 completed Slalom/Foil eliminations Amado Vrieswijk wins in front of Maciek Rutkowski and Matteo Iachino
- Adrien Bosson wins the Men’s Freestyle Double Elimination by 0,1 points in front of Jacopo Testa and Steven van Broeckhoven
- Sarah-Quita Offringa wins the women’s wave competition in front of Justyna Sniady and Lina Erpenstein
- Philip Köster wins the men’s wave competition in front of Marc Pare and Marcilio Browne