The boot Düsseldorf, the biggest water sports trade fair in the world, celebrates its 50th anniversary this year.
From January 19 – 27, 2019 a gigantic experience world will be set up across 16 halls, in an exhibition space measuring 220.000 square meters, focusing on the theme „Experience 360° watersports“. Windsurfing, surfing, kiteboarding, foil boarding, SUP, wake boarding, diving, yachting, etc. will be represented. Even at the mature age of 50, the boot is still fresh and more cutting-edge than ever.
“Our objective is to follow the market closely and transpose the current trends into the trade fair or even to create new trends ourselves”, boot director Petros Michelidakis says. “In 1969, when Horst Schlichting thought it would be good idea to have a boat fair, we had 116 exhibitors. Most of them were dealers. Today we have 17 times more exhibitors! 50 years of magic!”
In cooperation with the boot Düsseldorf we visited the boot International Media Meeting in September 2018 together with ambassador Sarah-Quita Offringa, where we got a lot of detailed infos about the mega event.
Petros Michelidakis: “We feel the pulse of the market. 2019 is the year of celebration. It’s goose bump producing all the time. We worked more than a year on the 2019 campaign. Alone with a board, alone, out there. That’s the feeling we wanted to produce. It’s time to live what you love. It’s time to follow the call. Follow the call.”
The boot Düsseldorf 2019 campaign film – Follow the call
“The boot Düsseldorf not only wants to attract people, who already do water sports, but also people who have no connection to water sports, yet. At the boot Düsseldorf we produce a parallel world and try to show what a kid can do at the local lake. I remember a 6 year-old kid, who tried a SUP board in the pool and asked his daddy, please, can you buy such a board for me?” boot Director Petros Michelidakis
boot Düsseldorf facts:
- 250.000 visitors from 102 different countries
- around 2000 exhibitors from over 70 different countries will be part of the exhibition
- 18 themed areas
- Prices: 19 €/day, reduced price for students, pupils etc. 11 €/day, kids from 7 to 12 years 7 €/day, kids up to 6 have free entry, half day price for entry 13 €
- If you buy a ticket online, you can use the public transport in the Rhein Ruhr region for free. Everyone, who comes with the van, should park at parking place P-1, where’s electricity, water and waste disposal available.
- All detailed infos in German: www.boot.de
- All detailed infos in English: www.boat-duesseldorf.com
Start the new watersports season at the boot Düsseldorf
Begin your windsurfing season at the world’s largest watersports trade fair in January 2019: touch and test the current equipment and the latest accessories, meet the stars of the scene or book your next holiday at, on, or under water. Whether SUPing in a large pool, surfing in an artificial wave or wake-boarding on water with a surface area of 1,000 m2: Here, you can try almost everything that has to do with water sports. Let yourself be entertained and gather information; dive into a world of action cams, learn how to tune your favorite equipment, get the best tips from the instructors of the VDWS or get a signature from one of the stars.
More boot Düsseldorf facts:
- Windsurfing brands are presenting their equipment in hall 8a: Brunotti Boards, Duotone, Fanatic, GA-Sails, GunSails, ION, I-99, Mistral, Quatro, S2Maui, Severne, Starboard, Tabou, XCEL
- Meet famous names like Philip Köster, Victor Fernandez, Sarah-Quita Offringa, Janina Zeitler, Björn Dunkerbeck, Robby Naish, Airton Cozzolino, Emily Penn, Vincent Langer, Gunnar Asmussen, Bernd Flessner & many more
- Some world class freestyle windsurfers will show their skills in a 65 m big flat water pool
- You can test the flat water pool on the SUP or you can have a surf on The Wave. Make a reservation for a ride on the artificial wave and test your surfing/SUP skills: www.thewave.boot.de A surfing competition with top riders, the Wave Masters and the SUP Wave Masters will be held, too
- Shopping area in hall 8a, you probably will find a good deal
- Windsurfing Tow-In Battle 19. & 20.01.19 with Jannes Thomsen, Foivos Tsoupras, Anton Munz, Valentin Böckler and Niclas Nebelung
- Screening International Ocean Film Tour Volume 5, January 20, 18:30, CCD Süd
- German SURF Magazine will announce the “Rookie of the year” on January 19, at 2.45 p.m in hall 8a
- The winner of the German Windsurf-Cup will be announced on January 19, at 12.45 p.m in hall 8a, the winners of the German Speed King will be announced on January 20, at 12.30 p.m in hall 8a
“The design of the Beach World provides a perfect, relaxed holiday atmosphere. In the style of “the Beach” there are many turquoise and beige color elements and palm trees next to dark, wooden huts on stilts. Exactly as you would find them on beaches in the South Pacific! To give you a comfortable summer feeling the hall is well heated at five degrees above our average temperature in the halls. Beach parties will start around 5.00 pm daily. Cool drinks and music are guaranteed!” boot director Petros Michelidakis about the 2019 Beach World.
We are giving away 5 x 2 day tickets.
Fill in the form below with a short note, why you would like to visit the boot Düsseldorf this year.
Everyone who participates will take part in the drawing. The contest ends January 14 at midnight. The winner will be selected randomly and will be informed per e-mail on January 15. The personal data of the participants such as surname, first name, email address and country will be used solely for the purposes of the raffle and will be deleted afterwards.
©boot Düsseldorf 2019 / continentseven 2019