The Boot Düsseldorf Tradeshow 2014 – Preview
On January 18 the “Boot Düsseldorf”, the biggest water sport trade show in the world will start. Around 1,650 exhibitors from 60 different countries will present their innovations in 18 different exhibition halls. The exhibition hall no. 1 will be busy with 44 companies exhibiting their products (equipment, travel agencies, etc.). In exhibition hall no. 2 many watersport shops will sell last year’s equipment for reasonable prices. Besides the exhibition many events are planned in hall 1. The centerpiece of the hall will be the 1000m2 big pool, with a cable winch, where SUP events, windsurfing, wakeboard and skimboard action will take place. The hall 1 will transport real beach feeling and is heated up 5° warmer compared to all other halls.
Windsurfing equipment companies in hall 1 Beach World: Bic Sports, Gun Sails, Hifly /Hejfly, MauiSails, Mistral, Naish, Quatro, Severne Sails, Starboard and a few windsurfing related companies like the German SURF Magazine, Sun & Fun Sportreisen, VDS, Sensosports, Intenics, Waterwolf, Infla Sports, Freizeitzentrum Xanten, Spinout,Windsquare, VDWS, Zeil- & Surfcentrum Brouwersdam, Orca, Restube and a few more.
Windsurfing shops offer hardware, accessoires, wetsuits and clothing in hall 2. You have a good chance to spot a few bargains. Check out their websites to be informed about the latest offers and compare prices for 2013 gear and older products. Here is a link to an interactive map about all exhibitors. Just click in hall 2.
We are giving away 4 x 2 day tickets. If you want to visit the “Boot Düsseldorf”
- send us an email to email@example.com plus
- a note, why you would like to visit the Boot and you can get 2 tickets.
Everyone who participates will take part in the drawing. The winner will be selected randomly and will be informed per e-mail. The contest is open for everybody until 31.12.2013.
PICTURES BOOT 2013
What else will happen?
- presentation of Andre Paskowski’s “Below the Surface” in hall 1 on January 18th, at 06.00 p.m. by the German SURF, the movie will be presented on a big screen
- German SURF Magazine will announce the “Surfer of the year”. All nominated sailors are from Germany this year. Big favourite again is the last year’s winner Philip Köster, but let’s see if Klaas Voget, Leon Jamaer, Gunnar Asmussen or Vincent Langer can challenge Philip this year. The winner will be announced on January 18th at 4.00 p.m in hall1
- special trophy award to Bernd Flessner, who finished his World Cup career in Sylt 2013 on January 18th at 4.00 p.m in hall 1
- Announcement of the Windsurfing Talent of the year, who will receive a support of € 2014 for the upcoming season. The winner will be announced on January 19th at 4.00 p.m
- Surf-party at the “Nachtresidenz Düsseldorf”, in the center of Düsseldorf (Bahnstraße 13-15) on January 18, at 10.00 p.m.
Where: Düsseldorf exhibition center, Düsseldorf, Germany
When: 18.1.-26.1.2014 (9 days)
Open: daily from 10am till 6pm
Windsurfing: Hall 1 and 2 (in total 18 halls)
More info on the “boot” website: www.boot.de