Jaeger Stone´s new Quad – Video

on 27. May, 2012 – 16:33 / 13 Comments

Mark Stone has been shaping surfboards since 1981. In 2000 he also started to produce windsurfing boards. Living in windy Geraldton next to the ocean is a big plus. And the knowledge from surfing helped Mark to develop great boards for his son Jaeger, who made it on the podium at the 2011 PWA event on Tenerife.
This time you will not follow Jaeger riding waves in his unique style. This time you can watch Mark Stone shaping a small keel Quad with approximately 60 liters for his son. The dimensions of the board are 213 cm x 54 cm x 11 cm.

Latest & Best Videos:
emi_winterhighlight
Vintage Winter feat. Emilio Galindo Barquín

Emilia Galindo Barquín aka Emi released his latest video filmed at Caños, Faro, Alvor, Conil and Sancti Petri in Spain.

6 Comments
smaaike_greeceheader
Maaike Huvermann in Naxos – Video

Maaike Huvermann, 3rd in the PWA 2014 overall freestyle ranking, was on the Greek island of Naxos and improved quite a bit. Watch her clip.

One Comment
robbyswift_maui_header
Robby Swift in Maui – Video

In the three weeks between the PWA Wave event on Tenerife and the PWA Wave event in Denmark Robby Swift was in Maui and scored one of the first winter swells.

2 Comments
puntasancarlos_highlight
Punta San Stranded

The latest from Bernd Roediger from Baja California. We love it.

One Comment

• The board would sink if I just look at it! Sick!

• myr says:

My god this is PURE ART! Fantastic

• Wtr says:

Amazing would love to have a board shaped by him.

• Tomek says:

Great movie. Interesting for me is that he does not use a lot of carbon fiber. Does anybody know the weight of this board?

• XD313 says:

How long does it take to shape a Board like this?

• Globe says:

That thing is SO SICK. Now we need a video of Jaeger riding it.

• AlB says:

There is a video here…

Don;t know why they didnt tag some of those shots on the end of the shaping video?

The boards are a bit heavier than your average production board because of the glass/polyester construction, but most of the users don’t feel this distracts from the performance..

• Jaeger Stone says:

Dad said the average weight for a 74L Quad with straps and fins is about 7.6kg (Rock Maple construction) or 7.3kg (Bamboo construction). Weights go up and down depending on what the person wants and how gentle they are with their boards.

It takes him about 30 hours to finish the board which includes making the fins.

I haven’t ridden it yet because I’m still at Uni for another 2 weeks before I get break. Hopefully I’ll get some good conditions in my month off and can get a bit of footage using it.

Jaeger.

• Jan says:

Jaeger, thanks for taking the time to come here.

What size sails will you use on these boards ? I’m under the impression you sail pretty small boards, volume wise at least.

• Jaeger Stone says:

Yeah, I do use quite small boards. With a 60L board like this I would probably use 3.7 to 4.7.

• Looking good man! Also I really like the graphics… sick

• Jason FOKKEMA says:

I’m super stoked with my 115 keel quad and 107 pintail, awesome boards, plus I went for the bomb proof construction as I’m 110kg :) and they cop a beating